Starting August 30th, the Opposing Fronts Open Beta will begin. Anyone with a Fileplanet account can attempt to download and play the Beta. There will be key releases twice a week which will continue throughout the remainder of the Beta.
Currently the Beta allows you to play 6 unique maps with all four armies in a variety of match types and conditions.
Beta Patch fix list to date:
- Added American and Wehrmacht armies.
- Numerous crash fixes.
- A large number of balance and gameplay changes/fixes.
- Reduced frequency of lightning.
- Added Automatch (1v1, 2v2).
- Fixed a bug that removed games in progress from the play list.
- Various other fixes.
- Added Angoville Farms (2), Etavaux (4), The Hochwald Gap (8)
- Fixed several game crashes and further improved connectivity.
- Fixed the missing Panzer Elite HQ model.
- Fixed Panzer Elite Roadblock model.
- Fixed slit trenches so they now provide cover.
- Resolved the invisible Hadrian Glider issue.
- Removed non-functioning CD-Key slot during account creation.
- Fixed options screen to limit high textures and sound for the beta.
- Fixed crash when applying changes in the options screen.
- Added the ability to use the /whisper command.
- Fixed a number of sync errors.
- Updated code to latest revision.
- Further improved connectivity rate and stability.
- Fixed crashes related to logging off and leaving games.
- Fixed a number of UI Issues (filters and screen flow).
- AI take-over changes when a player is dropped from a game.
- A large number of bug fixes and tuning changes have been addressed.
- Modified Bernieres Sur Mer (2) to improve gameplay.
- Added The Scheldt (6).
- Fixed port number to match Company of Heroes.